Wednesday, December 14, 2005

New Career Path?

This could have been me!

Tiffany- December 14, 2005

This past weekend, Zach and I found ourselves back at the fabric market (shocker). I was in typical fabric market attire, gym clothes and a big wool jacket wearing no make-up and my hair in a ponytail. It is, after all, a huge, unheated warehouse-type building. Much to my surprise, I was approached by a woman asking me if I would be interested in doing some work in commercials. I figured she must be joking or trying to sell me something, but she gave me a card and actually seemed like a legitimate casting agent. Apparently, she was casting Westerners for an exercise machine commercial. Zach thought it was pretty funny, as the exercise machines they were featuring in the commercial were small exercise trampolines, specifically the ones he discourages me from using at the gym due to my 'stellar' coordination. I figured it couldn't hurt to give her my information. So she took some pictures of me in the middle of all the fabric stalls, wrote down my measurements, and promised to call if I was the director's 'type'. I figured Zach's reaction of hysterical laughter at the mention of me trying to workout on a trampoline would have immediately disqualified me from the commercial, but they must be hard up for foreigners, because sure enough, my new 'agent' (as I now like to refer to her) called me later that day to schedule an audition with the director, who had seemed to like my 'unshowered, un made-up, lack of coordination' look. Unfortunately, I had to decline, as the shoot was taking place during the day Wednesday thru Friday this week and would interfere with my 'day job' at the Shanghai Centre. But my new 'agent' promised to call me for any other commercial opportunities that had weekend film schedules. Who would have thought I'd be 'discovered' in China at the age of 29!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh No - Now I can be a stage mom!!
Although, I would have to get a cut!! I always knew you should have gone to modeling school.

:)