Thursday, December 01, 2005

A Truly Momentous Occasion -Even better than getting a metro seat!


Tiffany- December 1, 2005

Several of you know that while I’ve truly enjoyed my co-workers, my actual job and boss have left a lot to be desired during my first foray into the Shanghai working world. That’s why I am ecstatic to announce that I’ve just received and accepted an offer as the marketing manager of the Shanghai Centre. The Shanghai Centre (often referred to as The Portman) is a beautiful complex located in the center of the city. It contains the Ritz-Carlton, luxury western-style apartments, several western restaurants, an American grocery store, and a range of high-end stores (think Gucci, Salvatore Ferragamo and Marc Jacobs), as well as some expat staples, like a Mrs. Fields and Haagen Dazs. The Shanghai Centre also is home to the Shanghai Centre Theatre, a place most visitors frequent to see the world famous Shanghai Acrobats. It’s a fantastic opportunity! So as of December 12, 2005, I will have the opportunity to finally put my MBA to good use!

Thanks to everyone (particularly my parents, Zach and the few friends who I actually allowed myself to whine to incessantly, you know who you are) for all your support. And bring on the visitors! I can’t wait to show everyone my new digs! If you want to see more pictures online, go to www.shanghaicentre.com.

No comments: